Cambridge Colorectal Surgeon
Justin Davies is an experienced and specialist Consultant Colorectal, Laparoscopic Colorectal and General Surgeon in Cambridge.
He has been a Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon in the Cambridge Colorectal Unit at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust for over 16 years. He was appointed Deputy Medical Director there in 2018, having previously been Clinical Director for 7 years before this.
He is an Affiliated Associate Professor at the University of Cambridge and a Fellow of Downing College, Cambridge. Justin is currently President Elect of The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland, and President of The Royal Society of Medicine Section of Coloproctology. He is the author of over 200 peer review publications, the Co-Editor of 2 surgical textbooks and he has written over 20 book chapters.
- Private outpatient consultations at the Nuffield Cambridge Hospital and Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital in the evening, working day or on a Saturday morning
- Particular interest and expertise in minimally invasive treatments of haemorrhoids (piles), bowel cancer, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis) and diverticular disease.
- Member of the Cambridge Bowel Clinic and Top Doctors.
- Extensive clinical and research pedigree in the modern management of haemorrhoids (piles). The bespoke treatments he offers include the minimally invasive techniques of radiofrequency ablation (Rafaelo) and doppler-guided haemorrhoidal artery ligation (HALO), also known as transanal haemorrhoidal dearterialisation (THD), as well as suction banding and haemorrhoidectomy where appropriate.
- Significant research pedigree, including contributions to national and international Guidelines to aid best practice in the UK and around the world.
Following graduation from the University of Cambridge, he trained in Cambridge, London, Bristol and Toronto. He treats patients with all colorectal conditions, and his current and previous roles include:
- Chair of the Education & Training Committee and Chair of the IBD Committee of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Topic Advisor for NICE Colorectal Cancer Guidelines Committee and Elected member of NICE Quality Standards in colorectal cancer committee
- Member of Council at The Royal Society of Medicine Section of Coloproctology
- UK National Representative for the European Society of Coloproctology
- Elected member of the IBD Committee of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons as well as an Honorary Fellow in recognition of his educational and research achievements.